As promised, here are the numbers for my upcoming donations to flood relief in Nashville. These numbers are as of May 19, 2010, and date back to March 8, 2010, which is when I first released 33 A.D. as a Kindle book. They reflect the following values:
Print Copies: $1 for each copy sold will be donated to Nashville
EBooks: 50% of total royalties will be donated to Nashville
OK, now that the refresher is done, here are the actual numbers to date:
– Print Copies Sold: 44 – Total Donation: $44
– Kindle Copies Sold: 203 – Total Royalties: $120.05 – Total Donation: $60.03
– Smashwords Copies Sold: 6 – Total Royalties: $12.97 – Total Donation: $6.50
– Nook Copies Sold: Unknown
– iPad Copies Sold: Unknown
– Total Donations To Date: $110.53
Not too shabby. I’d like to send more, though. Over the next few days I’ll be contacting a couple of agencies to figure out which one I want to send the money to. I’m leaning towards the Salvation Army or the Red Cross, but I want to make sure the donation is allotted specifically for Nashville. I will post the agency in this thread as soon as I come to a decision.
Thank you so much to everyone who has purchased a copy, either print or electronic, since March 8. I plan to keep doing this until at least August, and might continue through the rest of the year, depending on response.
I’ll come back to this topic twice a month or so to keep everyone updated on how it’s going.