I’m Back From Vacation! Contest Time!
OK, so we really returned from Maine yesterday, but after all that driving I just felt like resting as much as possible yesterday. So today, here is the first post-vacation post. Heh. We had a good time, like we always do, and spent too much money…again…like we always do. But it was worth it. One random observation: I like my Suzuki better than my Father-In-Law’s Harley, which we borrowed to go to the beach the day of our anniversary. Darn Hog pumped heat right onto my calf, vibrated so hard I thought my teeth were gonna fall out, and seemed horribly underpowered for having such a huge engine. It’s a nice bike, sure, but not for me. I think I’ll stick with my Bandit 1250. 🙂
Anyway, I promised you guys a contest, so here it is. Finally! (Imagine angels singing here and a beam of light shining down upon this blog…OK, so that’s a bit much, but you get the idea.) Name My Website.
It has come to my attention that I need a website, just in case this blog isn’t enough. The website will have FAQs, a Bio, Upcoming news and events, etc. Pretty much your standard website fare. At this point I think I will use GoDaddy to host it, but that’s as far as I’ve gotten. Questions about layout, design, and content will come after I’ve registered the name and made sure I can keep it.
But before that can happen I need to know what name to register, right? That is where you guys come in. I am now soliciting potential website names. Everyone can make a suggestion, and I will pick the one I like best and that person will win the following:
1) A signed copy of the July 2009 issue of NECROTIC TISSUE magazine (with my short story in it!)
2) A year’s subscription to NECROTIC TISSUE magazine (compliments of Yours Truly)
3) A signed copy of the CREATURE FEATURE anthology from Ghostwriter Publications
4) A signed copy of 33 AD (note: 33 AD will not be available until June 2010, but once my author copies come in I’ll sign one and send it off to the lucky winner)
5) Plus anything else I feel like throwing into the box! Could be some good books in there, or maybe some yarn, or some fake blood, or chattering teeth, the possibilities are endless!
OK, here are the rules:
1) Entries should be typed in the comments section of this blog. Please put them in a format not recognizable by domain squatter-type bots, if possible, or you can email them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or even catch me on Twitter: @DavidLMcAfee. There is no limit to how many ideas you can enter.
2) No Profanity. Period. I want the website to be clean so anyone can read it.
3) The domain name must be available. It does me no good to try and register a website that’s already taken. Check first to make sure.
4) If two people make the same suggestion for a website name and that suggestion proves to be the winner, the person who suggested it first will be credited with the win.
5) Contest is open from Monday, August 3, 2009 until midnight, Eastern Time, on August 14, 2009. Entries posted after August 14th, 2009 will not be considered.
6) The winner will be announced here on August 17th, 2009.
7) As the sole organizer of this blog and this contest, I reserve the right to tuck any of the above rules under the rug at my discretion, at which time said rule will fight it out with the dust bunnies to see which comes out on top.
If you have any questions, feel free to post them in the comments or, if you prefer, email them to email@example.com. I’ll do my best to answer them all ASAP. Good luck to all who enter. Hopefully I get more than one entry. 🙂
OK, that’s about it for now. Coming up: interviews with authors Steven Savile and Seth Harwood! Stay tuned!